How much do product animations cost?
Product animation pricing varies depending on these main factors: overall complexity and overall length, and overall quality. For example, an exploded view animation of a pen varies greatly in relation to an exploded view animation of a car engine! The length of the animation factors in more animated components, and additional rendering time to process. The finished quality can vary from fully photorealistic or basic 3D shading, for a reduced budget. Simple animations usually start at the $2000 mark and climb from there as the above factors increase.
I don’t want animation, I just want still images. Do you do that?
Of course! Still renderings are very popular, and a great alternative to product photography. We call it ‘virtual photography’. In many cases it is more cost effective to render your product as opposed to photographing it in a studio setting, and later removing blemishes and reflections in Photoshop. Depending on the number of components, still renders can cost as little as $100 per angle.
What do you need from me for an estimate?
To provide you with an accurate estimate we need the following information:
- A brief description of your product or process you wish to animate (you can point us to your website, or attach photos)
- A simple, bullet point script of what you would like to see happen in the animation
- Do you have access to 3D CAD models of your product?
- What is your preferred turn-around time?
With this information we will be able to get you an estimate very quickly. Contact us here!
How long should my product animation be?
The overall length of an animation is based on the story that needs to be told for the viewer to understand the product or process being animated. This is key!
How long will my project take?
Smaller projects are usually 1-2 weeks turnaround time. Larger, more complex projects can take 3-6 weeks or more depending on our current workload.
What 3D CAD formats do you accept?
We accept any industry standard CAD software that is capable of exporting a STEP file of your part or product assembly. For example: SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, Pro-Engineer to name a few!
What about revisions? How does this whole animation process work?
Revisions are factored into the estimate and expected! There are multiple stages to an animation project with 3deeit:
- Import stage: your 3D data is imported and we share some basic screenshots to make sure all components are in the file. If there are missing components we will re import new files.
- Draft Animation stage: we put together the animation movements and timing as you would see on the finished product – but the image quality is very basic at this point. We can do multiple revisions at this stage until we get it right.
- Final Render Approval: we send you still pictures of key parts of the animation so that you can see the life-like lighting, textures and materials as they will appear in the final animation. Again, we can make changes and adjust at this stage.
- Final Animation Render: this is when our computers work hard and create the finished frames of animation. This can take up to several days! It is key that steps 2 and 3 are finalized before this final step, as small changes could be costly at this point (ie: ‘can you make that orange part yellow instead?’)
- Final Delivery: we edit in any video titles, logos and other information before sending you the final product!
What do I get with my final animation?
The animation is delivered in a mpeg4 file in HD resolution. We can also provide individual frames of video if the animation will be edited into a larger video project. As a value added proposition we also include 6 print resolution stills of your choosing from the animation clip.